On 28 January 2014, Council resolved to release its vision for the Healesville Freeway Reservation for community consultation. You can read the full details regarding the Council's vision on the Whitehorse Council Website here. Read the Council News Release.
Hard copies of the vision can be viewed at the city’s libraries or at Council’s Customer Service Centres at:
- Whitehorse Civic Centre, 379-397 Whitehorse Road, Nunawading
- Box Hill Town Hall, 1022 Whitehorse Road, Box Hill
- Level 2, Forest Hill Chase Shopping Centre, Canterbury Road, Forest Hill
Council will also be holding a public drop-in session on Thursday 13 February 2014 from 4pm-8pm at Sportlink, 2 Hanover Road, Vermont South where Council officers will be available to discuss the project.
The community will be given an opportunity to provide feedback on the vision by:
- Completing an online survey.
- Completing a reply paid hard copy survey, to be returned by 19th February 2014, available from customer service centres and in the Whitehorse Leader.
- Information can also be obtained and surveys completed at Council’s drop-in session, scheduled from 4pm – 8pm on Thursday 13th February 2014 at Sportlink, 2 Hanover Road, Vermont South (next to the Vermont South Shopping Centre)
- Surveys can also be completed at our Ward Forum on 18th February.
Following the consultation period, the Strategic Planning Unit will analyse all submissions and report them to Council for consideration of any changes that may need to be made to Council’s Vision in light of the community feedback received.
Please note this is a proposal and can be amended based on feed back at consultation, so if you have any concerns please voice them via the online survey or the face to face session at Sportlink.
Feedback from the Friends of the HFR
To help with getting through the volume of information, the Friends of the HFR have prepared a feedback response to the council’s vision. You can view the feedback here.
Morack Ward Forum
Councillors Raylene Carr and Bill Bennett invite you to attend the first Morack Ward Residents Forum for 2014.
Community Room, Horticultural Centre, 82 Jolimont Road, Forest Hill
Tuesday, 18th February, 2014 – 7.30pm
The forum provides you with an opportunity to meet your Ward Councillors and to comment or ask questions about local community issues that are of concern to you.